Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Napkin Scrawl #22 -- Fence of Emotion

Sitting on the fence of emotion, one side gloriously positive, the other its opposite, one push and I fall. One day a kind word, a touch, a kiss sends me sailing, floating, fluttering inside. The next an unpleasant sigh, a harsh word, a mean look, I falter, falling, diving into a tailspin of despair.

You send me soaring to one side or the other, like an emotional barometer. Your words, your touch, your tenderness send the mercury of my heart into soaring highs or diving lows.

My heart holds on to each emotion as if no other can replace it. But each minute, hour, day, holds something new.

There are two sides to everything. Choices to be made. Will you make the mercury of my heart soar? Or will you cause my heart to sink?

1 comment:

Hoku said...

I <3 This! So deep! I <3 your mind! Read it everyday since post.