Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Angels in Our Lives - A Memorial of a Wonderful Woman

Do you believe in Angels? I do. I think Angels cross our paths every day to help us, and sometimes they guide us. Sometimes they are with us for a day, a week, or longer.

As a young child, my parents moved into a middle-income neighborhood that brushed on a low-income area. From a child’s perspective, it was a rough neighborhood. Growing up with troubled kids, troubled families, was difficult. That is not to say that we were in the toughest part of the city, no there were worse.

On the street that we moved to, there was one woman who became that Angel in our lives. She lived in the middle of the block, had five kids of her own, but every kid around our neighborhood knew her.

One day shortly after we moved to Ventura, California, one of her daughters came over to befriend me. She invited us to church…a church that was not like what I was accustomed. My brother and I went with her family, and it changed our lives.

Margaret Gage, known to me as Mrs. Gage, took all five of her kids plus my brother and me to a church where we decided to follow Jesus. In the years that followed, Mrs. Gage babysat us, and then later just kept a close eye on us.

Through the years, she and my mother became very close, as Mrs. Gage guided my mother to Christ as well.

Every time I visited her, she ALWAYS had open arms, hugging me until there was no room to suck in my breath. I remember once I stopped by to visit and she had asked me to call her by her first name. I told her that she would always be Mrs. Gage to me. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to use her first name, it was that to me, I respected her, cherished her, and by calling her Mrs. Gage, it reminded me of how much I did love and respect her.

Today, my mother called utterly broken and crying. Through her sobs, she informed me that Mrs. Gage had passed away on March 17, 2011. I believe she was 79 years old.

Mrs. Gage was an Angel in my life. She admonished, protected, and guided me. So, you will understand when I say; I don’t believe she passed away, I believe she was called home by our Lord. Her time here on earth was finished.

Margaret Gage touched many lives while she visited this earth. Thank you, Mrs. Gage, for touching mine.


1 comment:

Aim4theNeck said...

I'm sorry for your loss Hun.

I totally agree with you about Angels.

:)
xoxo